Wednesday, January 2, 2008

To NAP..... to sleep for a short time; or a brief period of sleep. This is all I wanted to do today and I thought, 'My husband is home, I will be able to take a nap.' But as you can see, my children suddenly get the urge to "sleep" too. Why this doesn't happen, the urge for them to sleep I mean, when I want them to lay down in their own beds? I don't know.I also thought I could spend some quality time with my husband today. My kind of quality time- talking, not his- me watching him play X-box. I have to say that they have only come out with crazier things for me to compete with lately. My DH now wears a headset while he plays a live game with other strangers. Strangers who call themselves "Poopsniff" and "stinkeenutz". Boys are so sick, I mean please, do you have no shame? Anyway, this headset connects him to all the other players and throughout the day I keep asking him, 'what?', and then realize he is talking to these strangers, not me. Only after several shoutings of "watch my back" and "I need more ammo" did I finally get it.

4 comments:

Toria said...

Taryn- yea! I just noticed you started a blog (saw the link on Miq's)- I guess I need to get on and update mine instead of just reading other peoples. I will- I'm in AZ right now and that's my excuse. Looks like you had a fun Christmas- the girls are adorable- Hope you're surviving the snow! Let's catch up soon- that means BEFORE China! Oh and your blog heading looks so cute- who did it? Not that I don't think you're that smart or creative, but I just want someone to make me a cute one and if not you.... Miq- did you do it???

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

YEAH! I'm so glad you published your posts. Now if I could just get you to send me the pics..........you look so cute with your girls in that pic. Wish we could've hung out over the holidays.
LOVE YOU!

Shay said...

Yay you're blogging now! I'm so proud of you. I love James' headset..Jeremy would be jealous!

Heidi said...

Taryn --I'm DYING over this post! "stinkeenutz"??? Are you kidding me? I'm literally laughing out loud!

SO glad you're blogging, so when you move (sniff, sniff) we can still see what's going on!